Sunday 26 June 2011

WOW!

6 weeks in and I have lost 18lb! But more importantly I feel wonderful. I don't think I truly appreciated how ill my poor diet was making me feel until now. I was tired but not going to bed very early, probably due to the amount of full fat cola I drank! I was very sluggish in the morning, my body tired from trying to digest processed carbs when it really should be in rest mode. I had no energy which I put down to my size. And most of all I would wake up every day hating myself, feeling weak and a failure because I couldnt do what was necessary to address my weight.

I can honestly say that is all behind me now, I have stuck to this plan rigidly for 6 weeks now and I haven't craved or caved not even once.

I do not eat refined or processed foods, instead opting for made from scratch meals consisting of a balance of meat and veg ( no carbs).

I have tried to introduce fruit to my diet twice but it makes me gain weight, it appears that all that Tropicana Orange Juice I was guzzling wasn't giving me a Vit C boost it was making me addicted to sugar. Who would have thought it eh?

No more, I follow a Harcombe Friendly regime and I am never hungry, I no longer have to take Omeprazole for indigestion, that was the processed carbs causing me grief not the fats in foods!

For the first time in my life I honestly think I will achieve a size revolution. Maybe this time next ear I will be within a healthy BMI and bankrupting myself buying new clothes in a smaller size.

It's early days to say it's changed my life but it has all the markings of doing so and that makes me a happy bunny.

Off now to cook my roast beef dinner yum yum bloody yum!

1 comment:

  1. SO pleased to read you are doing well, I was about to ask via WLR how you were doing. I'm reading the book at the moment and am thinking of jumping in tomorrow, clean eating just seems to make sense to me the more I read about it, I just need to stop being lazy!

    ReplyDelete